I’m not claiming that these 5 most common essential oil blend recipes are the absolute but after 5 years these are definitely the top 5 asked about! If you don’t know anything about making blend recipes here is a basic rundown of how I mix oils (and here is about Layering Oils)
First, don’t worry about if “oils go together” or not. Believe me, they can. I will make a blend in a roller bottle or a diffuser blend with just about any 2-5 oils. The end result will either be pleasing aromatically to your senses or not. This will ultimately encourage you to change it up or keep it as is. Its truly as simple as that.
Let’s dial it in a little further to help you not have to try multiple different blends. A way that I’ve found that helps me is the strength and lasting aroma of an oil. If one oil is much stronger than another and I want notes of each I would compensate with more of the softer note oil. Lavender is a lower strength oil. Patchouli is a much stronger oil. To get an even blend I would personally add more lavender and less Patchouli.
How do you find out which oils are stronger? It’s not just as simple as smell it but if you can put a drop or two on a test surface like cardboard or a piece of paper. Get your initial smells in and then set them aside. Set these down for about 10-15 minutes. Clear your senses by inhaling something like coffee beans (think perfume counters!). Come back and see if one is much stronger than the other.
Most importantly is it pleasing to your senses still? Is one much stronger than another? Our sense of smell is attached to our limbic system which house our long term memories and emotions. So it’s best if you start off blending aromas that are pleasing to you not just an oil that serves a health purpose.
Read below for the top 5 most common essential oil blends:
“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.” I do want to state this first as I strongly believe that the oils support us in the most amazing ways. You should always check with your doctor before starting any new protocol.
This is by far the most common one I am asked about. I will start by saying that there are different aspects to sleep. Do you struggle to get to sleep? Stay asleep? What is the underlying issue of why you don’t sleep well? Stress? Racing mind? It’s helpful if you can somewhat identify what exactly is the issue to identify which oils can help in supporting restful sleep for you. Below are the top diffuser blend recipes for supporting restful sleep.
- (4 drops each): Lavender/Vetiver
- (2 drops each): Lavender/Marjoram/Cedarwood
- (4 drops each): Serenity (Restful Blend)/Balance (Ground Blend)
I don’t know of anyone that can say they exist with no stress. I personally find a blend of a calming/grounding and an uplifting citrus oil to support calm and restful feelings.
- Rollerball blend (5 drops each): Serenity, Balance, Citrus Bliss
- Spray Bottle Blend (10 drops each): Serenity and Balance
- Diffuser blend (2 drops each) Lavender, Wild Orange, Vetiver
Most people desire to lose at least a few pounds. There are many protocols within doTERRA to support a healthy metabolism and not all are oils. So this one isn’t exactly a blend of oils you need to do yourself – doTERRA already made the blend for you!
- Slim & Sassy Essential Oil is designed to boost your metabolism and help manage hunger cravings. Quick tip- put one drop on the roof of your mouth or bottom of your tongue for quick absorption!
- Grapefruit – 1 drop in your water daily or on the roof of your mouth can help with cravings
This is universal. Whether you have back discomfort, leg discomfort, monthly woman discomfort, head tension etc. It’s a wonderful blend that doTERRA has that I can recommend
- Deep Blue- provides a comforting sensation of warmth and cooling to problem areas.
- Marjoram mix 4 drops with a carrier oil and massage on the site of discomfort.
We all need a little pick me up now and again. There are couple different oils to support an uplifting aroma.
- Peppermint and Wild Orange. For a quick resource put one drop in your hand of each and cup over your nose and inhale (be sure to not touch your eyes). You can also diffuse this combination.
- Lifelong Vitality Pack–doTERRA’s #1 selling product– is full of essential nutrients, metabolism benefits, and powerful antioxidants designed to help promote energy, health, and lifelong vitality. This product consists of 3 supplements to support you and I have personally found these to have an amazing impact on my life.
This has been a brief introduction to some popular blends. I urge you to learn about the oils you already own and what their intrinsic properties can help support. One of things I love most about oils is though you may not have targeted exactly what you were looking for, you are still benefiting your body. It can still take what you did apply and use it in a positive way.
If you’d like a personal consult on oil blends contact me HERE
Follow me on Facebook HERE